Search This Blog

Saturday 1 December 2012

Walking Dead (S3) Mid-season finale

Ooh, big night tomorrow!  It’s the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead.  Let me tell you NOTHING will be getting done in my place tomorrow night between 9pm – 10pm when it airs.  How juicy will the cliff hanger be this year?  Last year's mid-season finale ended with the walkers being let out of Hershel's barn..and the big reveal of Sophia's whereabouts. 

I had a lovely themed meal planned for me and The Fella for the occasion. Unfortunately, my surprise emergency appendectomy put a wrench into the plan. Really not up for red meat & alcohol just yet. 
Here was the menu.  Since I did not make it, there are no pictures to share. 

The Walking Dead Menu

Main Course

“Ghoul”ash

2 ½ pounds stewing beef
2 onions chopped
2 cloves chopped garlic
10 mushrooms chopped
¾ tsp sea salt
Pepper (to taste)
1 tsp paprika
Dash hot sauce
1 cup beef broth
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup red wine (1 tbsp reserved)
½ cup flour
1 tbsp olive oil
Heat olive oil in a pan.  Dredge the beef in the flour and brown the beef on all sides.   Place beef in a slow cooker.    Use the reserved tablespoon of red wine to deglaze the pan and add drippings to the slow cooker along with all other ingredients.  Stir ingredients and cook on low for 4 – 6 hours.  Serve on top of noodles or mashed potatoes.

Cocktail

Dirty Governor Martini

2 shots of vodka
1 shot of tomato juice
2 tbsp olive juice
1 tbsp vermouth
2 olives
In a cocktail shaker combine vodka & tomato juice. Shake. Add olive juice & vermouth and olives. Shake.   Pour & Serve.
 

Dessert

Walkers shortbread (the joke is so obvious). OK, I will indulge on a wee slice of this as a treat.


But I am up for getting glammed up for the event....
 

Shoes

I love these Iron Fist shoes.  Seriously, for me they are very versatile.  Unfortunately I can only get away with wearing them once a year to the office at Halloween.
 
 

Outfit

I will be cracking out my "I like you for your brains" shirt that I bought at K-Mart on a cross border shopping trip.   I love this shirt but it sheds glitter everywhere.   My sofa will end up looking like I just had a house party with The Village People.
 
Now we have to wait how many weeks for Season 3 to resume?

No comments:

Post a Comment