Search This Blog

Monday 8 April 2013

Mex-I-Can

What does one do after a day of dealing with pricks? Why, you eat cactus.

The Fella & I headed to Mex-I-Can on James Street North. Don't let the dive-y appearance of the restaurant fool you--they serve the best, most authentic Mexican food this side of the border. I love that their vegetarian option is cactus instead of the usual blend of peppers and onion (and caulifower & broccoli that some resturants throw in--yeah, that's authentic). It is really tasty- the texture is like a pickled jalapeno and it tastes somewhat like green beans--and it is packed full of antioxidants.

Then there is the margueritas...oooh the margueritas. Authentic & full of tequilla-y goodness! And a bargain at $7 for a super-sized glass -- $24 for a pitcher. Go big or go home I say!









No comments:

Post a Comment